Which of the following does not contribute to the climate change?
Among the following, the one that DOES NOT contribute to the greenhouse effect that causes climate change is D) Use of solar-powered jeepney. Explanation: The greenhouse effect is the warming of the earth due to the heating of the gases in the atmosphere trap that cannot escape out from the earth’s atmosphere.
Which of the following does not affect the climate of an area?
The climate of a place is unaffected by (a) longitude. Explanation: Climate refers to a region’s long-term conditions. Climate change in a specific region is determined by the atmospheric and environmental factors in that area.
Which does not influence climate?
Altitude – Places located on high altitude have cooler climate as compared to the places located on plains. Prevailing winds – Places which experiences on-shore winds have high rainfall as compared to the places experiencing off-shore winds.
What are 3 things that affect climate change?
The main causes of climate change are:
- Humanity’s increased use of fossil fuels – such as coal, oil and gas to generate electricity, run cars and other forms of transport, and power manufacturing and industry.
- Deforestation – because living trees absorb and store carbon dioxide.
What does not contribute to the greenhouse effect?
The major non-gas contributor to Earth’s greenhouse effect, clouds, also absorb and emit infrared radiation and thus have an effect on greenhouse gas radiative properties. Clouds are water droplets or ice crystals suspended in the atmosphere.
Which of the following is not caused by the greenhouse effect?
These gases introduce pollution because they contaminate the environment. Examples for greenhouse gases: Carbon dioxides, Methane, Chlorofluorocarbon, sulphur dioxide. Whereas oxygen, nitrogen and argon are not examples of greenhouse gases.
Which factors does not affect the region along the coast?
Answer: temperature does not affect the region along the coast.
Which of the following factor does not affect precipitation?
Temperature is not the answer cause as there would be a rise in temperature, more evaporation would occur. Hence, resulting in increase in precipitation.
What are 5 factors that cause climate change?
The National found out the five main culprits for this increase in greenhouse gases.
- Fossil fuels. Expand Autoplay. …
- Deforestation. …
- Increasing livestock farming. …
- Fertilisers containing nitrogen. …
- Fluorinated gases.
What are the 5 major factors that affect climate?
- Latitude. It depends on how close or how far it is to the equator. …
- Ocean currents. Certain ocean currents have different temperatures. …
- Wind and air masses. Heated ground causes air to rise which results in lower air pressure. …
- Elevation. The higher up you are, the colder and drier it will be. …
Which of the following factors does not affect the climate of India?
Which of the following factors does not have influence on the Indian climate? Explanation : Ocean currents does not have influence on the Indian climate. Indian ocean is half an ocean, hence the behavior of the North Indian Ocean Currents is different from that of Atlantic Ocean Currents or the Pacific Ocean Currents.