What are the six major climate factors?
The six factors that affect (influence) the temperature are: (1) elevation (altitude), (2) latitude, (3) proximity of large bodies of water, (4) ocean currents, (5) proximity of mountain ranges (topography), (6) prevailing and seasonal winds.
What are the six major controls of the climate of the world class 9?
- Latitude. It depends on how close or how far it is to the equator. …
- Ocean currents. Certain ocean currents have different temperatures. …
- Wind and air masses. Heated ground causes air to rise which results in lower air pressure. …
- Elevation. …
- Relief. …
- Nearness to water.
What are the six factors that affect climate lapdog?
Terms in this set (7)
- LAPDOG. Factors affecting climate. Latitude. …
- L. Latitude. Temperatures get hotter when closer to the equator.
- A. Altitude. Higher altitude= colder temperatures.
- P. Prevailing winds. Most frequent wind direction a place experiences.
- D. Distance from sea. …
- O. Ocean Currents. …
- G. Geography.
What are the 7 controls of climate?
These include latitude, elevation, nearby water, ocean currents, topography, vegetation, and prevailing winds.
What are the six controlling elements of the climate of India?
There are six major controls of the climate of any place. They are: latitude, altitude, pressure and wind system, distance from the sea (continentality), ocean currents and relief features. Due to the curvature of the earth, the amount of solar energy received varies according to latitude.
What are the major controls of the climate of the place?
Altitude: As one moves up to the higher altitudes, the atmosphere becomes less dense and temperature decreases. Therefore, hills are the cooler during summers. Pressure and winds: Pressure and wind system of an area depend on the latitude and altitude of the place.
What are the 4 climatic controls?
The factors affecting the climate of a place are referred to as controls and are latitude, altitude, pressure and wind system, distance from the sea, ocean currents, and relief features.
What are the 5 controls of temperature?
World Distribution of Temperature
- Isotherms trend east-west.
- Temperature is mostly controlled by the Sun (Sun angle, latitude)
- Land shows more extremes in temperature than water does.
- Isotherms also show effect of ocean currents.
What are the controls of climate and weather?
Weather and climate are controlled by the heat that is passed between the atmosphere, the air, and the ocean. By absorbing heat, the ocean helps to keep the weather balanced around the world.