Which things can be recycled?
You can easily use take-away containers, glass jars and small pots to store cakes, needles, threads, buttons, coffee beans and spices. Try filling little lip balm boxes and toiletry containers from bigger bottles.
What are 10 things you can recycle?
Top 10 Items That Should Always Be Recycled
- Newspapers. Newspapers are one of the easiest materials to recycle. …
- Mixed Paper. …
- Glossy Magazines and Ads. …
- Cardboard. …
- Paperboard. …
- Plastic Drink Bottles. …
- Plastic Product Bottles. …
- Aluminum Cans.
What are 5 things you can recycle?
What Can Be Recycled Curbside
- Paper including newspapers, magazines, and mixed paper.
- Cardboard (OCC)
- Glass bottles and jars.
- Rigid plastic products.
- Metal containers, including tin, aluminum, and steel cans.
- Food waste, if your city has an organics collection program.
What can recycling be used for?
Recycled materials are also used in new ways such as recovered glass in asphalt to pave roads or recovered plastic in carpeting and park benches.
Step 2: Manufacturing
- Newspapers and paper towels.
- Aluminum, plastic, and glass soft drink containers.
- Steel cans.
- Plastic laundry detergent bottles.
What are some ways in the process of recycling?
The recycling process involves 3 main steps, which form a circle or loop. They are (1) collecting the recyclables, (2) processing the recyclables and turning them into recycled-content products, and (3) purchasing recycled products.
What are the five ways our house could start recycling?
- Reduce your paper use. Keep a scrap paper tray in each classroom and make sure both sides of the paper are used.
- Recycle high grade paper.
- Switch to recycled paper.
- Refill plastic bottles.
- Compost food waste.
- Switch to rechargeable batteries.
- Recycle batteries.
- Set up an Eco-Team.