What are the 5 major factors that affect climate?
- Latitude. It depends on how close or how far it is to the equator. …
- Ocean currents. Certain ocean currents have different temperatures. …
- Wind and air masses. Heated ground causes air to rise which results in lower air pressure. …
- Elevation. The higher up you are, the colder and drier it will be. …
What are the factors influencing climate?
The temperature characteristics of a region are influenced by natural factors such as latitude, elevation and the presence of ocean currents. The precipitation characteristics of a region are influenced by factors such as proximity to mountain ranges and prevailing winds.
What are the 4 factors that influence climate most?
Although many factors combine to influence weather, the four main ones are solar radiation, the amount of which changes with Earth’s tilt, orbital distance from the sun and latitude, temperature, air pressure and the abundance of water.
What are the 6 factors that affect climate?
The six factors that affect (influence) the temperature are: (1) elevation (altitude), (2) latitude, (3) proximity of large bodies of water, (4) ocean currents, (5) proximity of mountain ranges (topography), (6) prevailing and seasonal winds.
What are the 7 factors that affect climate?
Factors that Influence Climate
- Elevation or Altitude effect climate. Normally, climatic conditions become colder as altitude increases. …
- Prevailing global wind patterns. …
- Topography. …
- Effects of Geography. …
- Surface of the Earth. …
- Climate change over time.
What are the 6 major controls of the climate of the world?
There are six major controls of the climate of an area. These factors are latitude, elevation, nearby water, ocean currents, topography, vegetation, and prevailing winds.
What are three other major factors that influence climate?
3.1 Factors affecting climate
- distance from the sea.
- ocean currents.
- direction of prevailing winds.
- shape of the land (known as ‘relief’ or ‘topography’)
- distance from the equator.
- the El Niño phenomenon.
What are some factors that influence natural climate variation?
The earth’s climate is influenced and changed through natural causes like volcanic eruptions, ocean currents, the Earth’s orbital changes, solar variations and internal variability.