Why and how do we conserve biodiversity?
Biodiversity conservation, the practice of protecting and preserving the wealth and variety of species, habitats, ecosystems, and genetic diversity on the planet, is important for our health, wealth, food, fuel, and services we depend on. … Biodiversity conservation is vital for economic growth and poverty reduction.
How can we conserve biodiversity in India?
Important Indian Acts passed related to Environment and Bio Diversity
- Fisheries Act 1897.
- Indian Forests Act 1927.
- Mining and Mineral Development Regulation Act 1957.
- Prevention of cruelty to animals 1960.
- Wildlife protection act 1972.
- Water (prevention and control of pollution) act 1974.
- Forest Conservation Act 1980.
How can we protect biodiversity as a student?
Let’s take a look at 35+ ways the environment benefits from the focus of biodiversity.
- Purchase products that have eco-labels for reference. …
- Recycle all plastic and glass products as a household. …
- Reduce or eliminate the use of products that come in aerosol cans. …
- Purchase eco-friendly appliances for your home and office.
Why should we preserve biodiversity?
Healthy ecosystems clean our water, purify our air, maintain our soil, regulate the climate, recycle nutrients and provide us with food. … Biodiversity is the key indicator of the health of an ecosystem. A wide variety of species will cope better with threats than a limited number of them in large populations.