What can you do with a bachelor’s in environmental studies?
Sample Career Options
- chief ecologist.
- community developer/fundraiser.
- economic development planner.
- environmental consultant.
- environmental officer.
- environmental planner.
- field technician.
Is a degree in environmental studies worth it?
Environmental science is academically rigorous and involves developing a wide range of transferable skills that are very useful in the job market. … If you are interested in working in a related field or even going on to further study, then environmental science is an excellent degree choice.
Is environmental studies a useless degree?
Environmental studies is like any other major – it can be great if you work on it and plan ahead. It can be useless if you go with the path of least resistance and don’t think about jobs until you graduate.
Do environmental jobs pay well?
High-paying environmental jobs typically consist of leadership roles and niche specialties. These jobs typically have high salaries because they focus on sustaining ecosystems, maintaining renewable energy sources, building green structures and ensuring the quality of food and water sources.
Is environmental studies a STEM major?
Environmental Science is a STEM discipline. The NSF and ICE recognize ES as a STEM discipline because it requires similar thought processes required by engineering and the traditional science disciplines.
What are 3 college degrees a person can earn involving environmental studies?
- BS Environmental Science. BS in Environmental Science in Geospatial Technologies. BA Anthropology with concentration in Environmental Sustainability.
- BS in Geosciences – Natural Resources and Conservation. BS in Environmental Science in Natural Resources & Conservation.
What are the highest paying environmental jobs?
7 Highest Paying Green Careers
- Environmental Engineer. Environmental Engineers improve public health by overseeing waste and pollution control policies. …
- Conservation Scientist. …
- Urban Planner. …
- Environmental Lawyer. …
- Zoologists. …
- Hydrologist. …
- Marine Biologist.
How much money can you make with an environmental studies degree?
The median annual wage for environmental scientists and specialists was $73,230 in May 2020. The median wage is the wage at which half the workers in an occupation earned more than that amount and half earned less. The lowest 10 percent earned less than $42,960, and the highest 10 percent earned more than $129,450.
What degree is the most employable?
Top 10 Most Employable Degrees
- Subjects allied to medicine – 93%.
- Architecture, building & planning – 92%.
- Education – 90%.
- Engineering & technology – 85%.
- Computer Science – 80%.
- Mathematical sciences – 79%.
- Business studies – 75%.
- Law – 74%.
What is the easiest degree?
These are the easiest majors we’ve identified by highest average GPA.
- #1: Psychology. Psychology majors study the inner workings of the human psyche. …
- #2: Criminal Justice. …
- #3: English. …
- #4: Education. …
- #5: Social Work. …
- #6: Sociology. …
- #7: Communications. …
- #8: History.